Pre- & Postnuptial Agreement Attorneys
A prenuptial agreement prevents major misunderstandings later.
Pre- and postnuptial agreements have only increased over the years. If you are considering a pre- or postnuptial agreement, you might be wondering exactly what you can include and how to best include it. The fact of the matter is that you need an experienced family law lawyer to craft these agreements in ways that are legally binding and enforceable.
Some Reasons A Couple Should Get A Prenup
There are many reasons why a prenuptial agreement may be beneficial. A party may have existing assets or wealth that they want to protect, including income. A party may anticipate receiving property in the future, such as inheritances or gifts, or they may be in the fortunate position of having multi-generational wealth in their family. Beyond finances, a prenuptial agreements can make any eventual divorce process more efficient, less costly, and less time consuming.
Who Would Benefit From A Prenup?
There is no one size fits all answer. However, the following people should seriously consider getting a prenuptial agreement:
- Anyone else who wants their divorce process to proceed more efficiently if/as/when if ever it occurs.
- People getting married for the 2nd or 3rd time
- People who anticipate receiving property through gift or inheritance during the marriage
- People with children from a prior relationship for whom they want to make provisions for
- People with substantial existing wealth or income
Contact Us Today
To schedule an appointment to discuss your pre-nuptial / postnuptial law issue with The Law Offices of Christopher D. Edmonds, Ltd., call us at 708 562-9880 or use the online form. Our office is located in Westchester, Illinois.